Governor’s Task Force on Transportation Infrastructure Investment
On June 30, 2016, Governor John Bel Edwards formed, by Executive Order, the Governor's Task Force on Transportation Infrastructure Investment. The group is an 18-member Task Force established by Governor Edwards to recommend community-driven solutions for Louisiana's transportation infrastructure investment needs which was charged with making its recommendation by January 1, 2017.
LCA Chairman Tom Yura was appointed as the chemical industry's representative on the task force.
The other members of the task force were:
- Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D.: Secretary of the Department of Transportation, Co-Chair.
- Robert Travis Scott: President of Louisiana Public Affairs Research Council and Statewide Transportation Plan Committee Member.
- Reldon Owens: Board member of Blueprint Louisiana.
- Ken Naquin: CEO of the Louisiana Association of General Contractors and former member of the Legislature’s 2014 Transportation Funding Task Force.
- Ronnie Harris: Executive Director of the Louisiana Municipal Association and former Gretna Mayor.
- Roland Dartez: Executive Director of the Police Jury Association.
- Rep. Kenny Havard: Chairman of the Louisiana House Committee on Transportation.
- Sen. Page Cortez: Chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee.
- Taylor Barras: Speaker of the House of Representatives.
- John Alario: President of the Louisiana Senate.
- Jay Dardenne: Commissioner of the Division of Administration.
- Kim Robinson: Secretary of the Department of Revenue
Ann Trappey: Chairman of the Baton Rouge Area Chamber board.
- Jared Brossett: New Orleans City Councilman Transportation & Airport Chair and former member of the Louisiana House of Representatives.
- Wyly Gilfoil: Port Executive Director.
Greg Morrison: Gov. John Bel Edwards Transportation Transition Committee Chair and Commercial Trucking Executive.
- Gen. John Basilica: Former DOTD Undersecretary, member of the Legislature’s 2014 Transportation Funding Task Force, member of Good Roads of Louisiana, and 33 year veteran of the Louisiana National Guard.
At their December 13, 2016 meeting, the task force officially adopted 10 resolutions to send to the governor as their reccommendations. They can be found here.