- Chemistry contributes 28 percent of the material input in clothing? Many fibers are made with synthethic polymers: nylon, polyester, rayon & acetate.
Shin guards are made from fiberglass, polyurethane, or foam rubber to protect the knees and legs of sportsmen.
- Plastic is a key material for safety equipment because of its lightweight components and flexibility.
An imbalance of electrons creates an electric charge.
- Direct sunlight can initiate the decomposition of many chemicals; it can also affect lab ware, stoppers, tubing and labels.
Sodium bicarbonate is a white, powdery base used in baking and cleaning processes; commonly called baking soda.
- An atom is the smallest unit of an element that maintains the properties of that element and can exist alone or in combination with other atoms.
A Compound is a substance formed by the combination of elements in fixed amounts.
- A porous paper that can be used to separate solids from liquids is called filter paper.
An atom is considered to be neutral when it has an equal number of protons and electrons.